libguile/print.c fixes

From: Paul Jarc
Subject: libguile/print.c fixes
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 17:32:38 -0400

I'm working on a patch for libguile/print.c.  I intend to fix any bugs
that break comparison of foo with:
(with-input-from-string (format #f "~S" foo) read)
A comment says that purely numeric symbol names and symbol names
starting with ' are broken, so I'm working on those.  I think strings
and symbol names containing control characters (is it ok to depend on
ASCII?) could be improved by escaping; some cases seem to be broken.
Symbol names containing \ don't strictly need to be printed in
#{this}# style, but it would significantly simplify the code if they
were.  Any objections?  Any other cases that need to be fixed?

I haven't done paperwork for Guile yet.  Could someone send me the
current version of request-disclaim.future?

paul