Doc organization (Re: Around again, and docs lead role)

From: Ricard Mira
Subject: Doc organization (Re: Around again, and docs lead role)
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 20:40:14 +0200

Neil Jerram wrote:
> That's great.  I've been thinking about these over the last couple of
> days as well, but I'll save my half-formed thoughts for the moment so
> as not to prejudice yours.

Thanks.  I think that I need to learn more about Guile in order to be
able to propose something sound, but I can give my opinion as a user.

As a user who is learning Scheme to customize and extend Guile-using
programs, I expect the Guile documentation to contain a section for
each programming language (C and Scheme for sure; translated languages
maybe).  Then I need to read just the Scheme section (and maybe also a
general introduction).

Neil, are your half-formed thoughts the same as my half-formed
thoughts? :-)

> think it will be desirable at least to include pointers in the Guile
> manual to those applications' documentation, so we need somewhere to
> put those pointers.

I need to learn more about the relationship between Guile and
Guile-using programs.

--
Ricard Mira