Re: posix.texi index entries

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: posix.texi index entries
Date: 01 May 2003 00:43:20 +0100

    Kevin> I'd like to propose the following.  My paperwork should be on file
now.
    Kevin>      * posix.texi: Add index entries for many variables and
functions,
    Kevin>      either using @defvar/@deffn or @vindex/@pindex.

    Kevin> No changes to the text, this is just @table's changed to @defvar or
    Kevin> @deffn.  Various places already use @defvar of course.

    Kevin> Things not in table form get @vindex or @pindex.  Some could probably
    Kevin> be reworded to @defvar style, for consistency and maximum clarity
    Kevin> (setlocale for instance).  But I'll propose rewordings separately,
for
    Kevin> easier contemplation.

Thanks.  I think this patch improves the look of the Info, so I've
applied it to CVS head.  But I notice two problems with the indexing:

- The index entries for procedures with a colon in their names,
  e.g. utsname:nodename, do not work.

- The variable index entries for, e.g., _IONBF, jump to the top of the
  containing page, not to the exact location of the index command.

Any idea how to fix these?

        Neil