Re: Everyone working on the C side might want to read this article...

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Everyone working on the C side might want to read this article...
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 15:48:26 -0500

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> The following article explains gcc changes that may be behind at least
> some of our recent set of bugs:
>
>   http://www.ddj.com/documents/s=880/ddj0010d/0010d.htm

So does anyone have thoughts about how we should approach this issue?
How common do we think these type aliasing problems might be in our
code, and if we do have problems, can we just fix each offending bit
of code with temp assignments or other "disambiguating" statements, or
is there some higher level way we might be able to address the issue
(i.e. could a union help here, something else?).

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu