Re: Configuring with GMP in /usr/local

From: Thamer Al-Harbash
Subject: Re: Configuring with GMP in /usr/local
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 11:24:34 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003, Neil Jerram wrote:

> Thanks for the response, but I already have /usr/local/bin first in my
> PATH, and it doesn't help.  The problem is somehow getting ./configure
> to tell gcc to look in /usr/local/{lib,include} before
> /usr/{lib,include}.

LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib" Unfortunately /usr/lib may supersede
this and configure will use it first. My advice is to do what I
did. Remove the development library (.a) from /usr/lib and leave
the shared one there for GMP 3.1 (.so) Then install GMP 4.1 in
/usr/local/lib

Your old applications should still use the old runtime libraries
and be fine.

(Remember to ldconfig if you're on Linux.)

--
Thamer Al-Harbash            http://www.whitefang.com/
        (if (> pressure too-much-pressure)