Re: Whatever happened to the Guile<->Tk interface?

From: Mikael Djurfeldt
Subject: Re: Whatever happened to the Guile<->Tk interface?
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 09:14:26 +0200

Roland Besserer <address@hidden> writes:

> I would like to be able to continue using the tk user interface with
> guile. Searching for guile/tk interfaces I found a number of
> references to older interfaces and numerous quotes that a tk binding
> comes with the standard guile release. Well, what happened to it
> because it is not mentioned in the 1.6 reference manual and I sure
> can't find it?

The standard guile release no longer comes with a tk interface.

There is a tcltk/tk interface at the guile CVS repository in the
module guile-tcltk.  This interface, however, only supports tcl7.6 and
tk4.2.  You can find a tar archive with this interface and .deb
packages for the required tcl/tk libraries here:

  http://kvast.blakulla.net/mdj/software.html

I'd very much like to see this interface upgraded to the latest tcl/tk
libraries.  Anyone?  :-)

Mikael D.