config.h changes comitted -- ./autogen.sh run required.

From: Rob Browning
Subject: config.h changes comitted -- ./autogen.sh run required.
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 18:12:47 -0600

I've just committed all my public/private scmconfig.h/config.h changes
to CVS.  Everyone will probably need to re-run ./autogen.sh.  For more
info see the diffs to NEWS, the ChangeLogs, and
libguile/gen-scmconfig.c.  There were a lot of changes (touched around
100 files), so I expect there may be some bugs that will need fixing.
Among other things, many symbols that used to be defined in the public
namespace have been made private.  This includes all kinds of HAVE_FOO
and SIZEOF_FOO definitions.

Note also that we now guarantee that quite a few useful types will be
always be defined and allow tests for a number of other optional ones.
See NEWS for full information, but here is a list of some of what has
been added:

Guile always defines

  SCM_SIZEOF_CHAR
  SCM_SIZEOF_UNSIGNED_CHAR
  SCM_SIZEOF_SHORT
  SCM_SIZEOF_UNSIGNED_SHORT
  SCM_SIZEOF_LONG
  SCM_SIZEOF_UNSIGNED_LONG
  SCM_SIZEOF_INT
  SCM_SIZEOF_UNSIGNED_INT
  SCM_SIZEOF_LONG_LONG /* defined to 0 if type not available */
  SCM_SIZEOF_UNSIGNED_LONG_LONG /* defined to 0 if type not available */

  scm_t_int8
  scm_t_uint8
  scm_t_int16
  scm_t_uint16
  scm_t_int32
  scm_t_uint32

Guile always defines

  SCM_HAVE_T_INT64
  SCM_HAVE_T_UINT64

and when either of these are defined to 1, optionally defines

  scm_t_int64
  scm_t_uint64

respectively.

Guile always defines

  scm_t_timespec
  scm_t_ptrdiff
  SCM_SIZEOF_INTPTR_T /* defined to 0 if type not available */
  SCM_SIZEOF_UINTPTR_T /* defined to 0 if type not available */

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu