Re: How to replace a function

From: tomas
Subject: Re: How to replace a function
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2003 13:21:02 +0100

On Fri, Mar 07, 2003 at 10:38:33AM -0600, Rob Browning wrote:
> address@hidden writes:

[...]

> If I understand what you're doing right, you might be able to just
> make sure that you have the right -L and -l args in LDFLAGS and LIBS
> before you call AC_REPLACE_FUNCS.  However, even if this does work in
> the normal case, depending on how AC_REPLACE_FUNCs works, this may or
> may not work when cross-compiling.

Thanks -- I'm going to try this (AC_REPLACE_FUNC is based on AC_TRY_LINK,
and this should work with cross-compiling, since you must be able to link
on your host system). But first I'm trying to get the ``straight boring
way'' to work (Autoconf is full of surprises for me: for example it now
complains it doesn't find an `strcasecmp.c'. OK, there is an AC_REPLACE_FUNC
hidden somewhere down in aclocal.m4, but why it gets triggered now and
not before just escapes my small imagination).

Regards
-- tomas