PLEASE: debugging embedded guile code

From: Joris van der Hoeven
Subject: PLEASE: debugging embedded guile code
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2003 15:19:54 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

I am sorry to bother you again with the same question
as a few weeks ago, but I think that it is a crucial point
if you want Guile to be used as an extension language.

When I run Guile interactively, and my code contains an error,
then I get a nice error message with the location (file name,
line number, column) of the error. I would like to have
something similar for errors which occur in embedded Guile code.

So: what should I do in order to enable debugging support
for embedded Guile code? How can I retrieve the location of
a possible error when calling guile code from the main program?

Now these questions certainly do have an answer, because it is
possible to debug interactive programs. However, I have been
unable to retrieve this information from the sources after
one day of study :^((( Maybe someone can tell me at least
who wrote the interactive Guile shell?

Best wishes, Joris

Joris van der Hoeven <address@hidden>
http://www.texmacs.org: GNU TeXmacs scientific text editor