Re: (sqrt long-digit-string)

From: Dale P. Smith
Subject: Re: (sqrt long-digit-string)
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 00:35:01 -0500

On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 11:25:44 -0700 (MST)
"Nelson H. F. Beebe" <address@hidden> wrote:

> I just tried the posted example of (sqrt long-digit-string) with
> guile 1.6.3 on Sun Solaris and got similar scanner errors.
>
> I then chopped off trailing digits and made repeated experiments.
> With an input line of 256 characters, guile reports a reasonable
> numeric answer.   With 257 characters, it goes into a wait state.
> With 258 character, it reports the scanner error.

It works for me in 1.6.3 on intel, using rlb's .debs.

The reader starts out with a token buffer of 30, and then doubles it
each time it overflows.  30 60 120 240 480.  It doesn't line up at 256.

Just a hunch.  Try it without readline, if you are using it.

-Dale

--
Dale P. Smith
Senior Systems Consultant,      | Treasurer,