Re: expansion, memoization, and evaluation...

From: Mikael Djurfeldt
Subject: Re: expansion, memoization, and evaluation...
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2002 03:57:18 +0100

Rob Browning <address@hidden> writes:

> Another thing I'd like to suggest is that when considering things like
> whether or not we should have unmemoization, first-class macros, etc.,
> we consider how these things might affect an offline compiler.

Oops...  This reminds me of another consideration I had when opting to
work on Scheme source: While methods are normally optimized at
generic application time, goops source can be compiled offline.

If the optimizer does source --> source transformation it's reasonably
easy to use it together with an offline compiler.  It's more difficult
to explain the memoized code to the compiler...