Re: Parott

From: Bill Gribble
Subject: Re: Parott
Date: 09 Nov 2002 09:49:53 -0600

On Fri, 2002-11-08 at 23:26, Clinton Ebadi wrote:
> I didn't finish my message, oops. Anyway, Parrot also has a working JIT
> compiler among other things. Support for continuations is being worked on.
> There is also a GC built in and big/exact number support too. It just seems
> like a good idea to use Parrot.

That sounds like a pretty good idea to me; it would be nice to get some
synergy from the Perl folks, and it seems like with a common bytecode
backend there could be some very nice interoperation potentials (i.e.
guile having a perl evaluator or some craziness like that).  Maybe this
is more of a practical direction to achieve the Guile dream of multiple
extension language syntaxes, too (not sure exactly how or if it relates,
but it seems like a possibility).

b.g.