Re: guile-gtk-1.2 working with guile-1.7.0

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: guile-gtk-1.2 working with guile-1.7.0
Date: 07 Nov 2002 21:29:36 +0100

Mikael Djurfeldt <address@hidden> writes:

> Below I supply a patch against the latest cvs.gnome.org version of
> guile-gtk + the file gnome-guile/compat.h.  With these changes
> guile-gtk should work against any reasonably recent Guile.

Uhh, ohh, Mikael, I'm afraid you come at unfortunate times.  Are you
aware of the guile-gtk-1.2 branch?  The latest release from that
branch, guile-gtk-1.2-0.31, should already contain most of your
changes for making guile-gtk work with Guile 1.6.0.

Guile-gtk is a total mess right now, unfortunately.  Making the mess
was easy, but now I can't find the time to clean it up.

Guile-gtk development has been split into two series: one 'stable'
that tracks Gtk+ 1.2 and Guile 1.6, and a development series that is
busy producing bindings for Gtk+ 2.0, with Ariel as the maintainer.

I didn't want to be bothered with Gtk+ 2.0 and so I created the
guile-gtk-1.2 branch, that I maintain.  Also, I moved the project over
to Savannah, but that move is not complete yet.

I think I will just declare the move as complete and pull the old
website.

Mikael, I'm really sorry that this confusion has seemed to trick you
into unnecessary work.  Or did you know about all this and it's me
that is confused?