Re: coop-pthreads + gtk-threads

From: Mikael Djurfeldt
Subject: Re: coop-pthreads + gtk-threads
Date: 07 Nov 2002 11:34:05 +0100

Mikael Djurfeldt <address@hidden> writes:

> As you can guess, I discovered this when looking for
> copt_mutex_trylock when modifying gtk-threads.c in
> gnome-guile/guile-gtk.
>
> I suppose this state of the art is OK transiently

Oops...  Looking closer at my own applications, I realize that I've
since long used a thread package independent C level interface.  My
own parts of gtk-threads.c use this interface (scm_mutex_*, scm_cond_*
etc; NOTE: these names were invented before the scm_c_ convention was
introduced).  The call to coop_mutex_trylock should of course be
scm_mutex_trylock.

However, to my consternation, this thread-independent API has been
deprecated in your latest change.  Note that if gtk-thread had used
the thread-independent API, and had this API been kept in the
coop-pthreads change, gtk-threads had now still been working together
with coop-pthreads...

Best,
Mikael