Re: Getting no messages

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: Getting no messages
Date: 26 Oct 2002 15:42:50 +0100

    Rob> In other news 1.6.1 should be ready soon -- Marius has backported the
    Rob> guile-ltdl stuff and updated us against the new upstream 1.4.3
    Rob> ltdl.  I've got to get Michael's emacs patch in there and check a
    Rob> couple of other things.  After that we should be ready to go.

    Neil> "got to" - why?  Isn't it worth releasing 1.6.1 sooner with
    Neil> just the fixes (especially ltdl) available so far?

Further thought: for new features like Mikael's emacs interface,
shouldn't we rather put those only into head CVS (i.e. 1.7.x)?

Personally I find parallel-branch development (which I do for
applicable doc fixes and enhancements) to be an additional burden that
I would prefer not to have.  I think it's easier all round if we
restrict 1.6.x to bug fixes (broadly speaking), only put new stuff
into 1.7.x, and look forward to 1.8 sooner rather than later.

        Neil