Re: Non-system asyncs

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: Non-system asyncs
Date: 13 Oct 2002 19:57:31 +0200

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> Perhaps the key is that I don't understand what you mean by deciding
> dynamically which procedures to call - can you explain again?

A hook is a list of procedures that should be called at certain points
in a program.  When the point comes, all procedures are called.  User
asyncs are also gathered into a list, and they are run at certain
points in the program.  However, only those asyncs that have been
marked are run.  Thus, you might say that you can dynamically decide
which asyncs are run for each occurence of the point in the program.

But I'd say it is fairly trivial to implement both schemes without
explicit support from the system.