Re: Adding stuff to the core distro (was Re: Infix syntax)

From: Daniel Skarda
Subject: Re: Adding stuff to the core distro (was Re: Infix syntax)
Date: 10 Oct 2002 14:29:19 +0200

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:
> I was aware of this.  However, we already have modules with the
> identical issue in CVS, like (srfi srfi-10).  And we already have the
> issues of xxx-options (e.g. (read-options 'prefix)) and, e.g.,
> (current-input-port) being global -- which, at least to my mind, are
> in the same category.
>
> And, all these issues are somewhat hypothetical until someone reports
> them causing a significant practical problem -- I don't believe anyone
> has done so yet.

  New TODO entry: modularize reader, so there can be per moudule reader
configuration and than extend use-modules/define-module syntax:

(define-module (foo)
  :use-module (ice-9 blah blah)
  :use-syntax (infix)
  ....)

  There is also CLisp-like readtables on my Guile wish list (so maybe I start
hacking, some day ...)

0.