Re: guile-cvs on Debian/unstable

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: guile-cvs on Debian/unstable
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:44:03 -0500

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> writes:

> It seems that Guile won't accept automake-1.7; and automake 1.6a is
> not detected on Debian GNU/Linux.
>
> Below the patch I used.  I must be missing something, is none of you
> running Debian?

I am, but I haven't built guile-1.6 since I upgraded to the latest
auto* tools -- actually I'm not even sure I have upgraded as far as
you indicate above.  However I did put a fix into CVS HEAD for to
allow newer versions of autoconf the other day.  I have to backport
that to 1.6.

I'll see about your patch unless someone else gets to it sooner.  I
think perhaps we should switch our checking in autogen to be disallow
known bad versions (i.e. autoconf < 2.5), rather than only allowing
known good versions.  Otherwise we're going to get complaints all the
time as newer versions of the tools are released.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu