Re: What can I do to help? (conclusions)

From: Evan Prodromou
Subject: Re: What can I do to help? (conclusions)
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 15:26:27 -0400

    NJ> And, of course, if there is a ton of stuff available for, say,
    NJ> Ruby, it would be far more efficient to try to write a
    NJ> translator for Ruby.

Oh, brother. So, nobody writes native Guile modules because they
already exist for Python, and we can write a translator. And then
nobody writes a translator, or they write an abandonware one that
doesn't work, and it just goes on and on.

If someone's looking for a project to do, I say write a module. Nice
compact project, narrow definition, and will be of great use to the
Guile community.

But that's just me.

~ESP

--