Re: some rpm building questions

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: some rpm building questions
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 10:48:47 -0500

address@hidden writes:

> Are you shure about this? If i understand it right it changes the behavior
> of libltdl, or? There might be apps (admittedly, broken) that depend on
> exactly this behaviour.

We will be providing libguile-ltdl, and libguile will link against
it.  We will provide no headers for any of the libguile-ltdl
functionality, but dynamic-link and friends will be using it.

This has already been done, though I haven't finished committing the
second half of the work that mvo started, and so far it fixes the
problems listed below (most reported upstream in November of last year
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=120169&repeatmerged=yes).

We will also probably be adding support for /etc/ld.so.conf and
/usr/local/lib/ on the platforms where we already know it makes sense.

2002-10-04  Rob Browning  <address@hidden>

        * guile-ltdl.c: Remove custom realloc. (#define rpl_realloc
        realloc).  You can't define realloc like this unless you also
        define malloc.  This is a quick hack for now; we may want
        something cleaner later.
        (memcpy): coerce ptrs to (char *) before copying characters
        through them -- I can't recall for sure, but I believe this was
        causing an overrun error at times.
        (realloc): commented out -- as mentioned above, you can't define
        your own malloc unless you know enough about the malloc in use to
        be able to tell how big the src ptr is.  The disabled code
        incorrectly used the *destination* ptr to decide how much to copy.
        This sometimes results in out-of-bound accesses which cause
        segfaults.
        (tryall_dlopen_module): check to be sure (dirname_len > 0) before
        testing first character against '/'.
        (try_dlopen): check for feof(file) in read loop -- otherwise
        infloop?
        (scm_lt_dlopenext): remove unused variable file_found.

2002-10-04  Marius Vollmer  <address@hidden>

        * guile-ltdl.c: Renamed all exported functions and variables to have a
        "scm_lt_" prefix.
        (try_dlopen): Set newhandle to null when try_all_dlopen failed.
        (scm_lt_dlopenext): Reverse test of "file_not_found()".
        Previously, we would stop searching when the file wasn't found
        yet, while we should continue in that case.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu