Re: SRFI-25 -- multi-dimensional array support.

From: Christopher Cramer
Subject: Re: SRFI-25 -- multi-dimensional array support.
Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2002 16:20:31 -0500

On Sat, Sep 14, 2002 at 02:48:33PM -0500, Rob Browning wrote:
>   2) Is our array type close enough to be used as the underlying data
>      type for srfi-25?
>   3) How should we handle the API and type overlap
>   4) In the *long* run do we try to merge our API with that of the
>      srfi or keep both APIs/datatypes and keep them separate?

I remember someone saying before (Marius, I think) that we should
scrap our current uniform array code in favor of srfi-4, because the
array code we have is a huge pain to deal with. I think this applies
to multidimensional arrays as well, but I'm not so sure I'd want to
use srfi-25.

In any case, the array code in Guile is a huge mess and I'd be in favor
of deprecating it, especially since there seem to be good alternatives.

--
Christopher Cramer <address@hidden> <http://www.pyro.net/~crayc/>
"Gore would have finished ahead by the barest of margins had he pursued