Re: 1.5.8 "make check" on powerpc

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: 1.5.8 "make check" on powerpc
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 23:59:00 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

although I have to admit that I have not looked into those specific test
cases myself I would like to point out the following:  Some UNRESOLVED
issues may be due to guile's garbage collection:  You can not guarantee
that something gets collected, although you expect it to.  The reason is
that guile scans the C execution stack for potential references to
objects.  Some non-SCM values may irritate the gc and keep objects from
being collected.  The two cases below might belong to such a category.
Probably we should clarify this issue in the names of the test cases.

Best regards,
Dirk Herrmann

--
This message is best viewed with ISO 8859/1 (latin-1) character encoding.
              Microsoft .. what do you want to boot today?