Re: :export vs. define-public

From: Thomas Bushnell, BSG
Subject: Re: :export vs. define-public
Date: 04 Sep 2002 18:12:32 -0700

Tom Lord <address@hidden> writes:

>        > define-public is still there too.
>

> Having both seems like an invitation to subtle errors.

Ah!  So after your plea that it's really irrelevant, it turns out that
you think only one should exist.  Seems like a mistake to me.  As you
rightly point out, they represent different styles of module design,
and there's no particular reason we should support only one.

The solution to subtle errors is bugfixing.  The semantics, at least,
are quite clear.