Re: Threads and asyncs

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: Threads and asyncs
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 18:28:34 -0700 (PDT)

       > You keep saying "plainly wrong" which is the most infuriating part.

       > Seems to me it's *plainly right*.

Yes, well...

[very long list of purely anecdotal reasons why you are full of crap
omitted]

None of which is a solid argument that you are wrong.

So there we are.

ObPolitics: If you think this is merely a friendly design space
disagreement, that will work itself out on the merits of which idea
works out better in practice, think again.  Accidental economics of
the situation give significantly greater weight to one side than the
other -- which is an economic bug (at least comperable to standards
for railroad-track sizes; arguably much more serious).

ObPolitics 2: The, arguably politically problematic process by which
the RnRS arose (arises?) also adds lots of noise to any signal that
might be there.

ObPolitics 3: As nearly as I can tell, I'm having much more *fun*
programming in my #f == () implementation than y'all are in your #f !=
() implementation.  Nyah nyah!

ObPolitics 4: a *process* to map out the design space for this an
other issues would be more valuable to me, at this juncture, than
continued contextless argument over this particular design issue.

-t