Re: Guile 1.5.8 beta available for testing.

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: Guile 1.5.8 beta available for testing.
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 20:18:57 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> > I.e., what processes show this behaviour.
>
> A medium-sized program doing lots of symbol, string, and list construction.
> Really GC-intensive programs (around 30% of runtime with bigloo).

The synthetic benchmark I use for GC testing spends at 25% an
artificially high amount of time in GC -- Yours is Real Life and takes
30% GC time?

Could you test what happens with current CVS GUILE? I revised the GC
part of GUILE, and wonder how it compares to both 1.6 and other
packages. Do you have any specifics regarding the GC of Bigloo? (Is it
Boehm, generational, conservative?)

--

Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   address@hidden   |   http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen