Re: Guile 1.5.8 beta available for testing.

From: Sven Hartrumpf
Subject: Re: Guile 1.5.8 beta available for testing.
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:38:39 +0200 (CEST)

On 28 Aug 2002 16:21:24 +0200, Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> wrote:
> > 1. correctness: seems to be o.k.
> >    (can not finish these tests because Scheme processes that
> >    normally stay around 200MB grow and grow under Guile to over 1GB)
>
> Can you give details?

Hope so.

> I.e., what processes show this behaviour.

A medium-sized program doing lots of symbol, string, and list construction.
Really GC-intensive programs (around 30% of runtime with bigloo).

> What was the last version that worked correctly?

None. By "normally stay around 200MB" I meant other Scheme implementations
not a former version of Guile.

> How did you configure Guile?

standard way:
./configure # anything better here?
make
make check
make install

Before I started my program, I activated readline support and did this:
guile> (debug-disable 'debug) ; anything better here?
(show-file-name #t stack 0 depth 20 maxdepth 1000 frames 3 indent 10 width 79
procnames cheap)
guile>

Greetings
Sven