Re: Guile 1.5.7 beta available for testing.

From: Martin Grabmueller
Subject: Re: Guile 1.5.7 beta available for testing.
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 13:56:42 +0200

> From: Rob Browning <address@hidden>
> Sender: address@hidden
>
> We are pleased to annouce the availability of Guile 1.5.7 for testing.
> Please report problems to address@hidden or address@hidden
>
> Note that the 1.5.X series is a BETA series, intended only for
> testing, so please don't put it into a distribution or anything
> similar.  If after two weeks, no agreed upon release-critical bugs
> have been found, then the first 1.6 stable version, 1.6.1, will be
> released.

One minor note: guile -v output should contain 2002 in the copyright
line.

Then I had problems installing from the tarball to /usr/local when an
old Guile (1.3.4) lived in /usr: Dynamic linking did not work, not for
readline nor for srfi-13/14.  After purging the Guile in /usr,
everything worked fine.

I'll try to find more details.

'martin