Re: C API for goops

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: C API for goops
Date: 10 Aug 2002 13:36:16 +0200

>>>>> "rm" == rm  <address@hidden> writes:

    rm> On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 11:51:00AM +0200, Mikael Djurfeldt
    rm> wrote:
    >> What's the status on the C API for goops?  I'm thinking on the
    >> API for specifying and creating Goops objects and defining and
    >> invoking methods from C code .

    rm> Are you thinking about it or do you intent to work on it :-)))
    rm> It would be _really_ nice to be able to provide goops objetcs
    rm> and generic methods from the C side.

This is already possible i have quite some code lying around that does

* method creation
* generic function creation
* class creation

and probably some more. It took my quite some time to figure it all
out (mostly by studying the goops C code) and it probably is not very
clean (depends on GOOPS internals) in some places. However, it works,
but is not very useful due to the goops-1 bug :-(

You can have a look most of the code at [1]. Note that it is C++. YMMV.

[1]
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ucxx/yehia/ucxx/languages/guile/guile-script.cc?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Regards, Andy
--