Re: C API for goops

From: Mikael Djurfeldt
Subject: Re: C API for goops
Date: 09 Aug 2002 15:34:10 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 11:51:00AM +0200, Mikael Djurfeldt wrote:
> > What's the status on the C API for goops?  I'm thinking on the API for
> > specifying and creating Goops objects and defining and invoking
> > methods from C code .
>
> Are you thinking about it or do you intent to work on it :-)))
> It would be _really_ nice to be able to provide goops objetcs
> and generic methods from the C side.

Well, let's say I *need* it, or will need it soon.  Can't promise
anything, though.  (I already promised to fix the apply generic MOP,
and that is still not finished.  BTW, some people seem to think that
the GOOPS method invocation optimizations broke the MOP.  The truth is
that it never has worked in Guile.  This fact should have been
documented---shame on me.)