Re: When will modues use the new environemnts?

From: Dale P. Smith
Subject: Re: When will modues use the new environemnts?
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 17:40:33 -0400

On 08 Aug 2002 23:16:27 +0200
Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> wrote:

> "Dale P. Smith" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> >  * The code will be replaced by the low-level environments in next release.
> >  */
> >
> > Is this going to happen?
>
> Not in 1.6.  Do you have a reason why you want this to happen?

At one point in time, I wanted to use the module system with mod_guile.
There are lots of interesting examples in the environments proposal
docs.  I was thinking about session variables and PUT variables
(http:/host/page.scm?var1=foo&var2=bar).

Actually, I was looking through modules.c and I saw that comment, and I
remembered that it was years ago that the conversion was being talking
about.  I was just wondering about where that is going.

-Dale

--
Dale P. Smith
Senior Systems Consultant,      | Treasurer,