Re: What replaces scm_register_module_xxx (Doc update?)

From: rm
Subject: Re: What replaces scm_register_module_xxx (Doc update?)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 20:24:23 +0200

On Thu, Aug 08, 2002 at 01:59:30PM -0400, Dale P. Smith wrote:

> I think it's possible with the (undocumented) scm_c_* functions in
> libguile/modules.c.  It looks like this is the first stab at providing a
> C interface to the module system.
>
> A problem that I see is that there is no way to tell the snarfing system
> which module to put things in.

That was the nice thing about scm_register_module_xxx - the semantic was
clear: the init function given to it was supposed to set up all the fuctions/
bindings for the module given in the name parameter. As a bonus one got delayed

> It's not that big of a problem if you
> split up different "modules" into different C files.

... one of the reasons i started doing this in mod_guile ;-)

>   In the init
> routine for the file, you first call scm_c_define_module, then #include
> the .x file, then call scm_c_exports with the names of the symbols you
> need to export.

I just wanted to veryfy that this appoach is "blessed" -- and maybe point
out a weak spot in the documentation and API.

Ralf