Re: Guile on Mac OS X

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Guile on Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 13:23:17 -0500

Michael Tuexen <address@hidden> writes:

> The code which performs the check is:

This is not the code in the resulting configure file.  That code will
be expanded, and I believe if you search for usleep, you'll find it in
a for loop like this:

  for ac_func in ctermid ftime fchown getcwd geteuid gettimeofday lstat mkdir
mknod nice readlink rename rmdir select setegid seteuid setlocale setpgid
setsid sigaction siginterrupt strftime strptime symlink sync tcgetpgrp
tcsetpgrp times uname waitpid strdup system usleep atexit on_exit chown link
fcntl ttyname getpwent getgrent kill getppid getpgrp fork setitimer getitimer

  do
    as_ac_var=`echo "ac_cv_func_$ac_func" | $as_tr_sh`
    echo "$as_me:$LINENO: checking for $ac_func" >&5
    echo $ECHO_N "checking for $ac_func... $ECHO_C" >&6

That's where I'm talking about adding the echo/exit/whatever debugging
statements and then re-running configure.  If you try this, make sure
you rm config.cache between runs.

> My problem is that it IS working for strptime but NOT for sleep and
> usleep and I do not see the difference.

Right.  My guess is that there may be some preprocessor #ifdefery or
something causing the trouble.  If you can use the above tricks to
actually see the code it's running to test you should be able to run
that code directly from a prompt and see what the actual gcc/cpp error
msgs are, if any.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu