Re: Guile on Mac OS X

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Guile on Mac OS X
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 10:53:27 -0500

Michael Tuexen <address@hidden> writes:

>>> GUILE_FUNC_DECLARED(strptime, time.h)
>>> GUILE_FUNC_DECLARED(sleep, unistd.h)
>>> GUILE_FUNC_DECLARED(usleep, unistd.h)
>>
>> Looks like usleep and sleep are in unistd.h on (most?) platforms, but
>> on yours they're in time.h.
>>
> No, see the the following output (from an earlier e-mail):

OK.

What happens if you:

  1) create a tiny C file containing

       #include <unistd.h>
       int main(int argc, char *argv[]) { sleep(1); return 0; }

     and try to compile it with "gcc -Wall myfile.c"?

  2) Put an AC_EGREP_HEADER([sleep], [unistd.h]) followed by an "exit
     1" into your configure.in and then re-run autoconf, and then
     re-run configure?  After the exit, is there anything useful in
     the log? (may not be).

  3) examine the configure script itself -- find the sleep or usleep
     test and see what it's doing.  Stick an "exit 1" or some echoes
     in there somewhere useful (if possible) so you can see what's
     going on.  I believe if you want to see the output of an echo,
     you will need to redirect it to fd 5 like this:

       echo "Howdy!" >&5

     This may allow you to see what gcc command it's running, and the
     contents of the relevant source file.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu