Guile on Mac OS X

From: Michael Tuexen
Subject: Guile on Mac OS X
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 14:34:40 +0200

Dear all,

I found three problems when building guile 1.5.6 on Mac OS X.

1. In gc_os_dep.c line 242 I had to use __APPLE__.
   Could anyone fix this for upcoming releases?

2. The configure does not detect the sleep/usleep declarations. They
   are available but are not detected. So there is a type conflict in
   scmsigs.c. Does anyone knows why the configure script fails to
   detect the declarions?

3. I have to use manually --disable-shared for the configure script and
   must set CFLAGS=-no-cpp-precomp. Could someone put in the platform
   specific gcc flag in the configure.in file.

Thank you very much for your support.

Best regards
Michael

--