Re: status: separation of expansion/optimization/memoization/execution

From: Tom Lord
Subject: Re: status: separation of expansion/optimization/memoization/execution
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 19:05:19 -0700 (PDT)

       > IMO the code cleanup is the important point here.

Such work was rudely interrupted in the early days and, I agree, is
very important, hence, long overdue.

My bibop comment went by un-acked ---  really and truly, just from a
schemeimplhacking perspective, look into that direction.  I used to
think -- "no gc strategy is special -- bibop advocates are
exaggerating", but after plotting out a fresh implementation in detail
-- nah, they are exactly right.

Staggered tags and bipbop.

-t

"Rape me" -- Kurt Kobain