Re: Release Guile, now ;-) [was:] Re: GC rewrite, first version.

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: Release Guile, now ;-) [was:] Re: GC rewrite, first version.
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2002 10:13:29 +0300

> Just add the following macro at the
> end of the configure.ac file:
>
> http://ac-archive.sf.net/Miscellaneous/ac_create_prefix_config_h.html

Sure, I know about this macro. Still, I don't believe it solves the
problem, rather, it presents a work-around. The idea behind auto.*
tools was to generate a configuration file *for a given package*, i.e.
a private header. However, here the private header is made global
and as such makes linking Guile to other packages unreasonably
difficult. Imagine a developer who wishes to use Guile as an extension
language for his package, he then would need to change almost all his
configuration suite.

Regards,
Sergey