Re: Release Guile, now ;-) [was:] Re: GC rewrite, first version.

From: rm
Subject: Re: Release Guile, now ;-) [was:] Re: GC rewrite, first version.
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 13:59:15 +0200

On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 11:35:47AM +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> [...]
> and then have it processed by autoheader with an invocation like this:
>
>  autoheader public_defines.ac
>
> that's all that's needed, as far as i understand.

Hit me on the forehead with the elsip manual for not testing this --
it doesn't work. Autoheader insists on emitting the offending #defines
even if given a custom input file (the offending macro is AC_INIT).
But browsing through the autoconf mailing list i found

 http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/autoconf/2002-June/013361.html

which seems to describe our problem. There's a reference to

 http://ac-archive.sourceforge.net/Miscellaneous/ac_create_prefix_config_h.html

an autoconf macro that might just do what we want.

> > But this looks like a non-trivial amount of work.  I've already done
> > all the steps but the last in a test tree, but that's the big one.
> > So the question is, does this have to be done before 1.6.1?
>
> May i offer my help?

Since the aforementioned doen't exactly do what we need (it creates
a file prefixed with 'libguile-' rather than a file 'scmconfig.h.in')
i can offer to modify it so we have another guile macro (would
GUILE_CREATE_PUBLIC_HEADER be apropriate?).

   Ralf Mattes