Re: Release Guile, now ;-) [was:] Re: GC rewrite, first version.

From: Sergey Poznyakoff
Subject: Re: Release Guile, now ;-) [was:] Re: GC rewrite, first version.
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2002 09:09:17 +0300

> Are you sure?  My 1.4 __scm.h has #include "libguile/scmconfig.h" in
> it (which according to automake is actually wrong -- it should be
> <libguile/scmconfig.h> everywhere) and my scmconfig.h has all the
> config.h style HAVE_* bits, etc., or were the bits that are causing
> the current problem only recently added?

Yes, they were. It's not the libguile/scmconfig.h itself that causes
the problem, it's primarily the PACKAGE_.* defines that cause it. They
appeared recently. I guess if you remove them or just move them to
some private header, the problem will be solved. Another solution
would be to protect each PACKAGE_ define by an #ifdef, e.g.:

#ifndef PACKAGE_STRING
/* Define to the full name and version of this package. */
# define PACKAGE_STRING ""
#endif

then any application could easily override them in its config.h

And, as Han-Wen says, coeterum censeo Guilem releasem esse :)

Regards,
Sergey