Re: Release Guile, now ;-) [was:] Re: GC rewrite, first version.

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Release Guile, now ;-) [was:] Re: GC rewrite, first version.
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 11:27:03 -0500

address@hidden writes:

> Hmm, i reported a problem/bug with the file libguile/scmconfig.h
> that exports '#define's that it shouldn't. I'd actually consider
> this a release-critical bug: it's actually impossible to build
> GNU-autoconfish software that includes this file while instructing
> the compiler to treat warnings as errors (the most offensive defines
> are lines 557-570 in file scmconfig.h.in).

I agree it's a bug, but it also appears to be one we've had for a
while.  I believe guile 1.4 had the same problem.  For that reason I
hadn't been strongly inclined to consider it release critical since
1.5.7 was ready to go.  However since I'm waiting to upload anyway
I'll go see how extensive the changes to fix it might be.

BTW: I don't think we can compile with with warnings treated as errors
anyhow in 1.5.* -- I believe num2*.c still prevents it.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu