Guile, Windows, wxWindows and GCC flags

From: Chris Bitmead
Subject: Guile, Windows, wxWindows and GCC flags
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 19:29:09 +1000

I was thinking to do a port of wxWindows to Guile (1.4.1). Under MS-Windows however I'm finding that in order to link with wxWindows (built under cygwin BTW), I need the following options on the link line....
-Wl,--subsystem,windows -mwindows

Without these options it will not link with wxWindows. Unfortunately these options also cause guile to die a nasty death somewhere in its guts. Try linking a bare bones guile on Windows with these options and you will see what I mean.

I don't really know that much about MS-Windows development or what these flags mean, but I've got to have MS-Windows working to fund this project. Can anybody shed any light on this?