Re: GUILE GC -- Write barrier for vectors

From: Miroslav Silovic
Subject: Re: GUILE GC -- Write barrier for vectors
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 13:36:37 +0200

Han-Wen Nienhuys wrote:

I'm quite sure that free/malloc bytes reported are matched. However,
most counts are a little underestimated. This is impossible to
prevent, since we are using classes derived from smobbed C++
baseclasses (You can't get correct object sizes in destructors and
constructors).

AFAIK, this shouldn't be the problem (it should only cause your memory usage to be larger than necessary). Did you try to monitor and compare GC frequencies on both
machines (and log the bytes allocated etc.) ?

   Miro