Re: Guile and MS-Windows on Major Govt. Project...

From: Per Bothner
Subject: Re: Guile and MS-Windows on Major Govt. Project...
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 2002 08:35:08 -0700

Chris Bitmead wrote:

However, Kawa does automatically and conveniently convert from Scheme strings to Java strings. That's the best you can get if you want Scheme strings to be modifiable.

I can't seem to see that in the documentation.

Just try it. Perhaps it should be documented somewhere, but I'm not sure where. It may be implicit in the documentation of iboke, invoke-static, and the "Types" chapter,
including the documentation of <String> (with initial captial).

Kawa has a nice builtin CLOS-ish object system - but but it does need work! The design is
quite nice, though.

I can't seem to see that in the documentation.

It's in this section:

http://www.gnu.org/software/kawa/Defining-new-classes.html

CLOS-style methods are still unsupported, though the core fraedmwork is sort-of there, though not implemented all that well. (This ties in with the Scheme calling convention.)
See also the make-procedure function.