Re: Release status 1.6.1 (2002-05-16)

From: Jeff Read
Subject: Re: Release status 1.6.1 (2002-05-16)
Date: Sun, 26 May 2002 13:54:10 -0400

On Sun, May 26, 2002 at 06:59:39PM +0200, address@hidden wrote:

> Hmm, just in my own experience, COPYING is _the_ file i look at to
> determine the licence of the software.

Have the file be called "COPYING" or "LICENSE" or whatever you want. Include
the GPL verbatim. Add the special exception to the top, with a "cut here" line
of dashes to separate the text of the excpetion from the GPL itself.

This seems to me to be the best way to do this.

--
Jeffrey T. Read
"I fight not for me but the blind babe Justice!" --Galford