slackful guile-api.alist maintenance update

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: slackful guile-api.alist maintenance update
Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 23:13:43 -0700

fyi, here's text of the file now:

  Part of the build process is recording the API and its groupings.
  This should be done after changing Scheme or C interface, or
                      after changing doc/groupings.alist.

  To do this:

    cd $(top_builddir)/doc
    make guile-api.alist

  The new guile-api.alist is actually deposited in $(top_srcdir)/doc.

this concludes my API-related reflection work for now.  there are still
holes where self-awareness can elude us, but the gaps are smaller...  at
a later point we still need to add machinery to define/detect renamings,
handle elements in C+Scheme group, etc.

for now the art will be in crafting groupings.alist usefully (for
ourselves and for users).  for example, i think some useful attributes
would be "documented", "in-headers", "SCM_API" and so on (including
those related to compilation).

it's pretty important to keep the `grok' parts of groupings.alist in
sync across branches if we want it to mean something we can depend on
(obviously the `members' clauses can and should be branch-specific).

heading towards 1.4.1 spiffing!

thi