Re: address@hidden: dynamic loading of native code modules]

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: address@hidden: dynamic loading of native code modules]
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 17:19:12 -0700

   From: Lynn Winebarger <address@hidden>
   Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2002 21:33:14 -0500

   > dude, you buzzkill cuz-we-can (bfd).
         I don't know how to take this.

this was my underhanded way of shaking my head in disgust at how poorly
guile users have been treated, presumably because guile maintainers have
been high on "joy of implementation" and changing things seemingly for
the hell of it ("because we can").

a more constructive way to say this would be to show how "because we
can" is probably meant in the right spirit (making things better), and
to encourage guile developers to expand their scope of operations and
interest to make changes that are both better and not burdensome to the
user.  there are more community-oriented ways to power-trip, basically.

unfortunately, i let several years of pent-up anger and resentment build
up and this was one of the results.  luckily i recently revisited Aubrey
Jaffer's homepage and saw something new (since i last checked) which was
immensely helpful in releasing the dams of disquietude.  maybe some of
that attitude readjustment will bear quiet fruit as i mature.

thi