Re: address@hidden: dynamic loading of native code modules]

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: address@hidden: dynamic loading of native code modules]
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 13:19:23 -0700

   From: Marius Vollmer <address@hidden>
   Date: 28 Apr 2002 17:32:34 +0200

   I can explain the criteria for each bug specifically, but I wouldn't
   feel comfortable to do this generally.  One fundamental criterium,
   however, is that the fix does not affect people who are not also
   affected by the bug.  When the fix is also short and well localized,
   and the bug is relatively severe (i.e., making Guile fail to compile
   on a not-really-obscure platform), I'm tempted to make it release
   critical.

ok, i'll write these down.

   But note that Rob is now the one to make the last call.  I didn't
   really respect this previously, but I will in the future.

its the release manager's call to make, so recording some criteria to
help make that call easier to make is a good long-term investment.
thanks for your thoughts.

thi