Re: compilation

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: compilation
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2002 10:04:09 -0500

Bill Schottstaedt <address@hidden> writes:

>  and I'm swamped (as is everyone) with other things to do, so a big
> project to do it right doesn't resonate. But, maybe I'd get seduced
> into helping once it got started.

 :>

At the moment Marius' arguments that we should clean up guile's
execution model with an eye toward future "compilation" before we dive
back in to any particular strategy sound pretty good to me.

I have this suspicion that if this is done right (with hooks in
suitable places and well defined semantics) then it might make it a
lot easier to try out various approaches.  However, without more
investigation, it's possible that I'm just falling victim to wishful
thinking.

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu