Re: Items blocking release 1.6.1 (2002-04-21)

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Items blocking release 1.6.1 (2002-04-21)
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 13:52:02 -0700

   From: Rob Browning <address@hidden>
   Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2002 15:15:34 -0500

   If you think it's worth forking guile over this, please do.

you missed the irony: the act of introducing gratuitous incompatibility
(and subsequently allowing it to fester) is de facto "forking guile".
guile credibility is down because it has been f**ked so, many times.

paraphrased from some sig: it's not foolish to do foolish things, it's
foolish if we don't see the folly.  personally, i was foolish to think i
could help guile improve w/o seeing the folly that it is the guile
maintainers who need to improve (which is outside my control).

thi