Re: Items blocking release 1.6.1 (2002-04-21)

From: Marius Vollmer
Subject: Re: Items blocking release 1.6.1 (2002-04-21)
Date: 22 Apr 2002 20:44:36 +0200

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:

> >   Marius: you discussed a fix for this in email, but also mention that
> >   it's functionality is fairly easily worked around via default value
> >   -- so are we fixing it for 1.6, or are we adding a NEWS entry
> >   recommending the alternative approach?  If we are fixing it, and if
> >   you can describe the fix, I can do the work.
>
> I'll fix this this evening.

Ok, I'll looker closer into this, and I now have to say that we can't
'fix' it.  We would be changing the default default value from '#f' to
something else.  That would be an unacceptable interface change.
Since it is easy for the user to provide the functionality on its own,
we can just leave it as it is.

Sorry, this didn't occur to me before.