Re: Roadmap and goals?

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: Roadmap and goals?
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2002 00:47:10 -0700

   From: Tanel Tammet <address@hidden>
   Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 15:21:47 +0300

   I guess it would benefit not only me
   but the Guile development and acceptance
   on a wider scale if such guides, policies,
   roadmaps etc existed and were easy to locate.

for some of this, see:

  http://www.glug.org/snap/workbook/

please consider critiquing everything under there (in
particular what does "defining the execution model"
mean) wrt compilation.  this would be immediately
helpful.  (additions gladly accepted, no q's asked.)

long-term direction is now in discussion.  process
awareness is seeded but not flourishing yet, so current
communication rates cannot be used reliably to predict
outcome.  you are invited to start a bof discussion
using subject-line prefix "[comp]".

it was because of hobbit that i became interested in
guile, so if hobbit long-term does not support guile, i
would have serious doubts about staying w/ guile.  on
the other hand, i also view this as an opportunity to
learn precisely what hobbit needs, so that perhaps
long-term, people can make guile support hobbit through
becoming more precise in what guile provides.

thi